This Pesto Shrimp Recipe is not only bariatric-friendly but also diabetic-friendly, gluten-free, freezer-friendly. Perk up shrimp with pesto and tomatoes for a quick, insanely amazing meal. Keep a jar of pesto sauce in your refrigerator for the best recipe shortcut!
Pesto Shrimp Recipe
Recipe by: Holly Clegg
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 5 minutes; Cook Time: 15 minutes; Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound peeled medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon basil pesto (from jar)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pint cherry or heirloom assorted tomatoes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Season shrimp to taste. In a nonstick pan coated with cooking spray, heat pan and add shrimp cooking until done, about 5 minutes.
2. Toss with pest and remove from heat.
3. Meanwhile, in another nonstick pan, heat olive oil. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes, cooking until tomatoes begin to burst, smashing slightly while cooking, about 5-7 minutes. Add to shrimp.
Terrific Tip: A jar of Basil Pesto is one of my favorite shortcuts. From Holly’s cookbook, Guy%E2%80%99s“ guide to eating well: a man cookbook for health and wellness>, you can try my White Spinach and Artichoke Pesto Pizza (page 22) or Pesto Potatoes (page 138). Basil Pesto quickly will become a favorite ingredient to toss into recipes for a quick Italian flavor.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 170; Carbohydrates 5g; Fat 6g; Protein 24g
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
With over 1 million cookbooks sold, Holly Clegg is a culinary expert on easy, healthy and practical recipes. She has a new book „Guy’s Guide to Eating Well: A Man’s Cookbook for Health and Wellness“ and has appeared on Fox & Friends, NBC Weekend Today, QVC, The 700 Club, USA Today, Cooking Light Magazine, Web MD, and Huff Post. She has also consulted for Walmart, Teflon, The Coca-Cola Company, and hospitals throughout the U.S.
See“ more recipes by holly>
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com“ is intended for informational purposes only. the information not to be a replacement or substitute consultation with qualified medical professional. please contact professional any questions and concerns.>|