There are many variations to the traditional beef patty which are delicious. This Outside-In Cheeseburger Patty takes it to an entirely new level of deliciousness. You and your guests will love the cheesy addition that is inside the burger! Anyone can put a slice of cheese on the top of a burger, with this recipe, it will have the cheesy goodness inside, packed with flavor and protein from the inside out!
Outside-In Cheeseburger Patty
Recipe by: Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl)
Makes 1 serving
Cook Time: 4-7 each side, depending on the level of doneness you prefer
- 4 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef
- 1 wedge spreadable light Swiss cheese, room temperature
- 1/8 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp. onion powder
- 1/8 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of salt, or more to taste
- Dash of black pepper, or more to taste
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients except the cheese. Add as much salt and pepper as you like.
- Knead mixture by hand until integrated.
- Form into a ball.
- Using your thumb, make a large, hollow indentation in the ball (past the center but not all the way through).
- Fill the hole with the cheese and squeeze the meat to make a seal so no cheese is exposed.
- Flatten slightly into a thick patty.
- Bring a pan misted with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. (Use a grill pan if you’ve got one.)
- Place patty in the pan, cover and cook for 4 – 7 minutes per side, depending on how well done you like your burger.
(Heads Up: Don’t press on the patty with your spatula because your burger might ooze cheese.)
Nutritional Info Per Serving
Calories 179; Carbohydrates 1.5 grams; Fat 6.5 grams; Protein 26.5 grams
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com” is intended for informational purposes only. the information not to be a replacement or substitute consultation with qualified medical professional. please contact professional any questions and concerns.>|