Dip, Dip, Hooray!
Lasagna rules, but it’s generally a) high in calories and b) a mealtime commitment. What if you want a low-calorie lasagna fix that you can enjoy as a snack? This recipe is here for you from Hungry Girl! It is comfort food meets party food.
Healthy Lasagna Dip Recipe
Makes 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes; Cook Time: 25 minutes; Total Time: 40 minutes
- 8 oz. raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. each salt and black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups canned crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup light/ low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup egg whites (about 2 large) or fat-free liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 tsp. chopped garlic
- 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Optional topping: chopped fresh basil
Serving suggestions: Cut bell peppers, pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8″ x 8″ baking pan with nonstick spray.
- Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 1/4 tsp. garlic powder, 1/4 tsp. onion powder, and 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Cook and crumble for about 5 minutes, until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat. Add tomatoes and remaining 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning, 3/4 tsp. garlic powder, and 3/4 tsp. onion powder. Mix well.
- In a medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg whites/substitute, chopped garlic, nutmeg, and remaining 1/8 tsp. each salt and pepper. Mix until smooth and uniform.
- Spread ricotta mixture into the baking pan. Evenly top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Bake until hot and bubbly, 18 – 20 minutes.
Nutritional Info Per Serving
1/12th of recipe (about 1/3 cup)
Calories 80; Carbohydrates 4 grams; Fat 3 grams; Protein 8.5 grams
Originally published on Hungry Girl, reprint shared with permission of Lisa Lillien.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lisa Lillien (a.k.a. Hungry Girl) is the creator of the Hungry Girl brand. She is the founder of www.Hungry-Girl.com, the free daily email service that entertains and informs hungry people everywhere. More than 1,000,000 fans eagerly wait for Hungry Girl’s recipes, food finds, and tips & tricks each weekday. Lisa is the author of 10 best-selling books, 6 of which debuted at #1 on the New York Times Best Sellers list. Her television show, Hungry Girl, airs on both Food Network and Cooking Channel.
|Recipe Disclaimer: If you have specific dietary restrictions, allergies or a nutrition plan that you are following, make sure to read the ingredient list prior to consumption. All information on ObesityHelp.com” is intended for informational purposes only. the information not to be a replacement or substitute consultation with qualified medical professional. please contact professional any questions and concerns.>|